Lionsgate has launched a new digital rights program, Digital Blackout, which aims to help studios avoid being sued over the controversial film.

The film, starring Matthew McConaughey, is a sequel to Lionsgate’s 2012 blockbuster The Dark Knight Rises, and was made for $200 million.

The studio has yet to announce a release date, but said the film will be released on Blu-ray, DVD and digital HD, starting with the November release of The Dark King, which hits theaters on February 16.

Lionsgate is one of the biggest studios in the film industry, and the studio has previously been sued over similar releases, including the 2009 film The Dark Tower: Breaking Dawn Part 1 and Part 2.

In March, the US District Court for the Southern District of New York ruled in favour of Lionsgate, in a suit brought by former Fox execs against Warner Bros. The suit was brought by the former Fox executives, Mark Levin, Peter Levin and James Cameron.

In a statement, Lionsgate said the digital rights deal with Digital Black Out would “provide studios with additional tools and flexibility to avoid future legal challenges” by letting them “assess their potential risk of litigation, and decide if they are ready to invest in the digital format, if it is right for the film and the business model, and whether the risk is worth the potential upside.”

The Digital Blackouts are the latest efforts by Lionsgate to improve its relationship with studios, following the $100 million purchase of the rights to the film last year.

In August, LionsGate signed a five-year agreement with Lionsgate Animation, and in October, Lionsgaters purchased the rights for $70 million to produce the feature film The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, and then a movie with McConaughys voice, called The Hunger Stoppers.